Come join one of the best places to work in Denver! Homebot is in hyper-growth mode and we’re revolutionizing how homeowners build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home.
We sell our SaaS platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep customers engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
We are growing rapidly and need an experienced, innovative and results-oriented Senior QA Engineer to maintain the level of trust and delight for our awesome customers!
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great addition to the team!)
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (Currently, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely and will continue to do so until there is a vaccine widely available. Until then, you can work remotely in another state but will eventually need to be in the Denver area once we reopen)
Targeted Base Salary Range: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
Characteristics of an Incredible Homebot QA Engineer:
- You wake up thinking about quality
- Writing tests, finding bugs and diagnosing them is a piece of cake for you
- You love a challenge and have a passion for learning new technologies
- You keep up to date in the world of QA automation learning about best practices, scalability, finding new tools/strategies and overall, improving process
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- You’ll partner with our engineers and QA team to strengthen the company’s automation strategy through best practices and scalable automated tests where possible
- Understand our software, debug problems using logs and error files, writing scripted tests and/or use user-level automated tools.
- Show creativity and initiative to improve scalable product test coverage and effectiveness
- Demonstrate competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and performing root cause analysis
- Create user scenarios for existing and new functionality
- Ability to communicate effectively cross-department
- Work closely with the product to ensure software quality and deadlines are met
- Work closely with design and product to develop user scenarios
- Work closely with engineering to automate tests and diagnose and document bugs
- This role will report to Director, Engineering
- You will work closely with Engineering
- You will be part of ~20 teammates on the team
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with web based qa automation. Selenium & WebDriver.io experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a SDET or QAE role on web and responsive web environments
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as CircleCI or similar
- Experience with manual testing
- Basic software engineering experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- SQL understanding and experience
- Experience working with unit test frameworks
- Experience developing and executing load/stress testing
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, who work here are not only passionate about the product but passionate about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better and challenge each other to continuously grow. We are respectful and professional when we need to be, and goofy and fun when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews or visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#75!) and Best Small Places to Work (#21!).
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~50% female employees across the organization.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam (VSP)
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Equity Appreciation Program
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K (Guideline)
- Remote Activities: Wellness Challenges, Trivia, Tequila & Chocolate Tasting, Whiskey Tasting!
- Homegirls group - we are ~50% female at Homebot and we’re proud to work with some badass women!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid by Homebot
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Leadership Training & Promote from within
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth and upleveling skills
- A bullet on wage transparency on compensation benchmarking? (not sure - need to figure out wording)
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 80 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai