Senior QA Automation Engineer at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Work within an agile software development team providing test automation expertise across the team.
- Write new tests and update existing tests ensuring broad and deep coverage across the application functionality and codebase.
- Work collaboratively with engineering team to identify test cases and suites best suited for automation.
- Plan and execute performance tests using tools like JMeter.
- Work with other DHI QA resources to enhance/expand existing automation framework.
- Troubleshoot and provide failure analysis of issues identified from the automation suite.
What are we requiring for this role?
Knowledge, Skills and/or Attributes:
- Ability to analyze automated test results and metrics, perform root cause failure analysis
- Strong SQL knowledge – responsible for complex data validation
- Understanding of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS, responsive design, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and Load Balancing
- Strong background in QA methodologies and best practices
- Ability to write and execute detailed test cases that exercise all aspects of the system under test
- Ability to distinguish defects from enhancement requests
- Background/ability to work in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Passion for using technology to innovate
- Ability to deliver innovative value, increasing capabilities and mentor true software craftsmanship
- Willingness and desire to learn new and different technologies
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience testing web-based applications with a strong background in building comprehensive automated frameworks
- Experience with common automated testing frameworks and platforms across Java, and open source languages, including Gherkin (SpecFlow, Cucumber, etc.), Selenium, Rest Assured, JMeter, Appium or other mobile test automation framework
- Experience working in AWS and utilizing AWS technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools: Jenkins or others
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with some of the following technologies or similar technologies:
- Java or other OO language, Python, SQL
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, RESTful Web Services
- Docker, Tomcat, Linux
- Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Postgres, MongoDB
- JSON, XML, YAML
- Demonstrable open-source work and contributions