Senior QA Automation Engineer (SDET) at SALT
SALT offers crypto-backed loans and a suite of technology solutions for individuals and businesses including wallet management and monitoring. We provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, blockchain businesses, and traditional institutions to participate in the blockchain economy and get the most out of their crypto assets.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for ensuring perfection in our product. This Senior level QA role will require leadership, creativity and inventiveness in developing new techniques for testing around the ever growing blockchain.You will be very engaged in the details, making sure we have a repeatable, automated way to ensure our code and product are working as expected. You have a deep desire to automate all that you can while still utilizing manual testing to further explore the product and test in ways only a human can.
- Define our overarching test strategy and lead us to an automation first development environment
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Develop and execute test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, creating quality test data when required.
- Leverage existing and invent new techniques for testing the interactions between our various internal and external services.
- Identify any challenges that could cause problems during the test automation process.
- File tickets in Jira for valid bug reports. Work closely with both the Engineering, IT, and Product departments to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Work in a fast paced Agile development environment.
- Aid in design, implementation, scripting, and execution of new and existing automated tests.
- Perform exploratory testing in a precise and purposeful way.
- Help write documentation for our software tools.
- Follow team's QA processes such as documenting defects, project related documentation, partnering with other team members to see the product through to production.
- Ruthless attention to detail
- Experience integrating automated tests into a CI/CD pipeline (AWS) for production level applications
- Previous experience with seeding databases with test data
- Must have experience creating automated tests from the ground up
- Experience creating API tests for backend services. Previous experience working in microservice architecture desired
- Experience writing automated frontend tests with Cypress
- Experience using Postman or other API clients
- Comfortability in unfamiliar code environments
- Knowledge of application security, experience with pen testing is preferred
Job type: Full-time. Must be in Greater Denver Area or willing to relocate.