Senior Product Designer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:19 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
At Boom Supersonic, our mission is to make the world dramatically more accessible through supersonic flight. We’re looking for a highly passionate Senior Product Designer/Developer to join our team to lead, create and develop digital web experiences and start the foundation for our future design system.
As an integral part of a small design team, you will work cross-functionally with technical and creative teams to research, design, develop, build, and push the limits of digital and passenger onboard experiences for current users and future travelers.
You should possess exceptional design & development skills, systematic thinking, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principles. You must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to research and distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Boom. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Build (React.js), maintain, and design amazing digital web experiences
- Quickly build prototypes of web-based experiences through final product
- Partner with product, engineering and other designers to continually evolve and improve the design system, development, and product experiences
- Lead ongoing reviews to help maintain consistency in design experience
- Build and develop with attention to the details such as mobile-friendly, animations, usability and accessibility
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/validation, designers, and marketing
- Be a steward of consistency in code, usability, and design
- Build reusable components, templates, code and libraries
- Internalize the user and promote good usability and accessibility in every experience
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding and proven application of base front-end web technologies
- Experience with React JS
- Unparalleled empathy for your users and thorough understanding of user-centered design (UCD), design-thinking methodologies, and human-computer interaction design (HCI) principles
- Demonstrate amazing visual and interaction design sensibilities that scale
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices, designing for a global audience and a great technical understanding building design systems
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience creating, defining and advocating for world-class experiences for mobile, web, vehicle or other digital devices
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- In depth knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform & cross-device compatibility standards and behaviors
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma, etc..
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar relevant field
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description