Who are we?
Quantum Metric helps organizations build better digital products faster. Our platform for Continuous Product Design gives business and technical teams a single version of truth that’s fast, quantified, and grounded on what customers actually experience. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
What will you do?
As a Platform Services Engineer, you will be creating and refining the services that drive both our infrastructure and end-user applications. We work with Go, TypeScript, Kubernetes, Kafka, MySQL/MariaDB, and Google Cloud Platform services, but we believe in using the right tool for the job. Our services ingest and expose mountains of experience and analytics data to Quantum Metric applications as quickly and efficiently as possible. You’ll own features and be an integral part of a DevOps culture where you’ll be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining parts of the application.
Who are you?
You love developing software and your passion for building with code is palpable. You love spending time creating high-throughput data capture/data processing systems. You are particularly fond of building and using distributed systems to solve problems at scale. You love building applications and tooling on top of Kubernetes, and you know what it takes to operate a reliable service using tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
While you’re a developer with a passion for writing good code, you also enjoy brainstorming sessions with your peers and product owners to discover the best solution to a problem. You see the importance of providing input and considering the points-of-view of those around you. At the end of the day, you enjoy being part of a healthy team culture that practices mutual respect.
- You are skilled with Go or have experience in Python, C++, Java, or a similar language and are willing to learn quickly.
- You subscribe to the DevOps mindset and are as comfortable scripting Linux systems with Bash as you are monitoring the key performance indicators of your service with our observability tools.
- You have built large-scale applications on top of Kubernetes, maybe even K8s controllers and operators.
- You also have familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL systems.
- You’re curious and self-motivated, so you’re probably really familiar with a variety of different tech. We understand the value of learning continuously and expanding out of your comfort zone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Code School Certification or equivalent
- Experience automating workflows with various scripting languages
- Experience with Google Cloud, specifically GKE and BigQuery
- Using technologies like Kafka or Google Cloud PubSub to build event-driven systems
- Experience with Redis and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Spark, Flink, Beam, or any other popular batch/streaming systems
- This will be the best group that you ever work with. We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded with stock options, a competitive salary and full benefits. Most importantly, you’ll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Competitive earnings
- Full benefits, with medical covered 99% by the company
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Awesome, smart people who bring energy into every day of work
- Awesome product with valuable industry differentiation
About Quantum Metric
Since our founding in 2015, a growing list of brands have taken the Quantum Leap, including lululemon, IHG, and Carhartt. In 2019 Quantum Metric earned recognition for its revenue growth and product innovation from Deloitte (Top 100 fastest growing companies), CNBC (Upstart 100 most innovative companies), Gartner (Cool Vendor) and Ernst & Young (Entrepreneur of the Year).
The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years. We’re thoughtfully scaling out our team to add outstanding talent that is equally passionate about being part of a team that is fast-paced, innovative and values passion, honesty, persistence, and curiosity.
We’re offering you the opportunity to develop your career in a tech space ripe for disruption. If all of this inspires you, then what are you waiting for? Talk to us today!
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf