Senior Platform Engineer
Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is a team of 160+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You’ll Do
- As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will provide technical leadership contributing to the definition and development of the GoSpotCheck platform architecture. You will engineer solutions to maximize stakeholder value, manage complexity, and enable the next effort. You will collaboratively curate and grow the core service platform to enable durable internal-system and partner-system connections.
What We’ll Achieve
- We’ll evaluate and implement the most appropriate technologies to achieve the best solutions for our business, leaning on your drive to go to bed smarter and ability to level-up quickly.
- We’ll facilitate new partnerships and business opportunities thanks to the APIs and integrations you help build.
- We’ll enable dynamic mission and task workflows by expanding our event driven architecture.
- We’ll drive best practices and adoption of our platform architecture.
- We’ll define service boundaries to reflect the business needs and enable future extension by keeping coupling between these boundaries low and cohesion within the boundaries high.
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality of your work, and the insights and mentorship you provide.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way our partners deploy and use GoSpotCheck, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have been writing Go for the last 1+ years.
- You are familiar with technologies from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- You have built and supported APIs in production.
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You believe in the benefits of TDD.
- You enjoy architecture, design, and strategic planning.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - quality and reliability are especially important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description