Senior Network Automation Engineer at Zoom Video Communications
Zoom is looking for Senior Network Automation Engineers to join our team to help design, build and implement the systems we will leverage to automate our environment. Working with network engineers you will help develop orchestration between existing systems and develop new systems to allow us to realize a vision of zero touch provisioning and operations, delivering outcomes that ensure our networks are always available, performing to expectations, and delighting our customers. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with data center environments, networking fundamentals, and experience with developing and implementing standards and automation of systems to support networking outcomes.
- Work closely with network engineers to develop integrations between monitoring and telemetry systems.
- Work closely with network engineers to develop and implement automation systems to support the build and operations of networks and networking components.
- Build and maintain systems to support always on systems and fleets for automation, metrics generation, and event detection/remediation.
- Ensure security of systems and tools developed.
- Develop and implement infrastructure as code for networking teams, allowing for authoritative and actionable standards across networking devices and networks.
- Drive continuous improvement of detection and remediation of operational events.
- Build and maintain documentation for automation systems.
- Code development and reviews of peer code to ensure high quality and functionality.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of industry experience with service provider, cloud environments, data center networking environments or similar.
- 2+ years of experience building and working in software development/automation teams.
- Experience with Linux systems and management, and writing code in at least one of the following languages: Python, C, Java, C++
- Experience working with and implementing templating systems and automation techniques such as Jinja, Ansible, YAML.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a distributed environment for both individual and team based projects.
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram