Senior .Net Software Engineer
Position Summary: As a Senior .Net Software Engineer, you will be part of an agile development team building and supporting enterprise grade software systems for ReedGroup’s LeavePro application suite. In this crucial role, you will be involved with the design, development, testing, and support of response web applications and proprietary tools that enable our customers to safely operate at peak performance and in accordance with legal and proprietary requirements. This role will contribute in our organizations evolution into operating as agile DevOps teams, collaborating highly with QA, Product, Release Mgmt and Tech Ops.
Who We Are: ReedGroup, headquartered in Westminster, CO, is a dynamic, fast growing organization that employs nearly 2,000 people at 11 locations globally. We are the top provider in the Absence Management industry and provide our services to major companies including a substantial number of Fortune 100 companies. We are committed to improving health and productivity outcomes while controlling costs - it is at the core of our comprehensive solutions which are designed to return people to their active lifestyles and allow businesses to thrive.
Our Vision: Healthy and Productive People. Thriving Businesses.
Our Mission: ReedGroup connects the ecosystem of the health, work and life with …
- The best service experience for clients and employees.
- Trusted content and experience.
- Strong partnerships across healthcare and insurance.
- Innovative technology to drive simplicity.
- Comprehensive data to create meaningful insights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with a cross-functional, highly talented team to design, develop and deliver new features that will be used by millions of people
- Use the latest technologies to design and build flexible, scalable, reliable and high-performing applications for fortune 100 companies
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Support our current applications, investing in fixing technical debt, and refactoring opportunities
- Participate in project focused Scrum rituals (standup, grooming, planning, retrospective)
- Develop and design user interface components, web services, API’s, and database integrations
The ideal candidate is a a smart, energetic, flexible person who can think creatively, and can work effectively independently as well as part of a collaborative team. They love writing software and solving complex problems and has a hunger for new knowledge. They strive to achieve superior results through high performance and execution excellence. They take calculated risks and exercise innovation. They move quickly, but not at the expense of results, Lastly, they hold themselves accountable.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years of overall software development experience
- 3+ years of experience using the following, with highly advanced skills in at least one, and strong skills in the rest:
- Angular.js / Angular 2
- Experience with (3 or more of the following):
- ASP.net MVC
- Microservices architecture
- Responsive design
- Creating and consuming secure web services, web API, or WCF
- XML and JSON
- Secure website design and development
- Working in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Working with a geographically diverse team
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015
- Experience with Team Foundation Server 2013/2015
- Experience with SQL Server 2012/2014
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Experience with graceful degradation and/or progressive enhancement websites.
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.