AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We intend to transform the industry and have already deployed robots across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated and innovative team is located in Louisville, Colorado, with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains inspiring us to work toward our mission every single day. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re gaining momentum and looking for exceptional talent to support our journey. Find out more at www.amprobotics.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. In this role, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for rapid prototyping and testing as well as the transition of prototypes to scaled production. Additionally, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for novel recycling technologies design and will orchestrate tests based on defined metrics and success criteria.
As our Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Work in a team of 6 engineers on fast-moving, rapidly evolving R&D autonomous recycling products
- Test, validate, and iterate designs to meet strict performance requirements
- Regularly collaborate with software engineers to achieve desired results
- Rapidly prototype proof-of-concept designs
- Develop products from a prototype phase to larger-scale production
Your background and experience will likely include:
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical experience and work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- A strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- The ability to design products and build teams for scaling while taking ownership of your duties
- Strong hands-on skills for building and testing prototypes
- The ability to learn complicated concepts quickly
- You’ll also be:
- Eager to learn
- Communicative across different engineering and non-engineering disciplines
- Driven to succeed
- Able to persevere through all circumstances
- Reliable and consistent
- Willing to take project ownership
- Additional preferred or bonus qualifications we’d love to see
- Basic Electronics knowledge
- Leadership skills
- SolidWorks Proficiency
- Customer interaction
- Master’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Exposure to Research and Design
- Experience working with large industrial equipment
- Passion for the environment and recycling
- MRF (Material Recovery Facility) experience
- Passion and experience with robotics, automation, and artificial intelligence
- Experience being a part of the process of helping a start-up succeed
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.