Senior Manufacturing Planner at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior Manufacturing Planner
What You’ll Do:
- Perform manufacturing planning tasks, anticipate program needs, and expedite material and tooling needs for development, transition, and production operations.
- Review drawing BOM’s for kitted materials and quantities.
- Create picklist from stores to execute kitting process.
- Kit material from stores.
- Ensure manufacturing support tooling is fabricated, available, and property tagged.
- Assume ownership for limited life and floor stock material audits.
- Provide status of material kits and build schedules.
- Schedule and coordinate manufacturing shops and service center needs.
- Coordinate with offload schedulers for offsite processing.
- Create & maintain material and execution Shop Orders (MRP systems and MES systems).
- Transport and expedite hardware throughout Ball facilities.
- Coordinate shipping of completed hardware.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- May estimate and generate schedules milestones to accommodate the program master schedule.
- Provide current information to update project or program schedules.
- Generate and maintain manufacturing routings while maintaining configuration requirements and material traceability documentation.
- Anticipate material / part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- May provide input to labor and material cost estimates for manufacturing and test operations on programs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Demonstrate willingness to follow work instructions / guidelines in accordance with the Quality Business System.
- Demonstrate willingness to communicate openly and collaboratively. Keep team/department informed.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing, materials or operations experience in a business environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $25.96 - $35.10 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.