Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Development
Support design and process development for RF antenna and/or RF electronic products in an advanced manufacturing/development work cell environment on latest technology military aircraft and/or missile platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide senior level manufacturing engineering responsible engineer (RE) support for RF antenna / electronics systems in a development and transition-to-production technology cell work environment.
- Ensure design producibility. Refine, modify, or provide input into applications, processes, and devices as required to meet manufacturing and test requirements. Analyze statistical data, evaluate and implement improvements to meet contract/schedule/quality requirements.
- Provide hands-on support for product and process development as part of a development team.
- Assume ownership for manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones
- Actively lead and participate in Manufacturing Readiness Level Assessments.
- Coordinate design-to-cost activities; track cost impact from design changes; report accordingly to design teams.
- Track and communicate lessons learned between new designs.
- Serve in a senior role to lead and direct program / project team operational execution in support of program goals. Direct the activities of program manufacturing engineers, planners, and assembly / test technicians. Promote a team environment.
- Provide mentorship and direction to MfgE and planning personnel; includes providing recognition and performance feedback to functional leads.
- Create and maintain accurate manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones.
- Work independently or in a team environment to resolve program issues using data- based root cause analysis; diligently apply firm corrective actions.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and “best value” performance. Establish personal objectives; sets expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental goals.
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to Quality Business System (QBS) and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing build instructions.
- Maintain and control production tooling in accordance with QBS requirements. Design and / or communicate tool design needs to tool design engineers.
- Contribute to and/or present technical data in support of technical exchange meetings, design reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, and program status reviews with program managers and customers.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including design development/test engineering, quality assurance, Supply Chain Management, process labs and outside suppliers. Maintains excellent rapport with internal / external customers.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with QBS requirements.
- Understand and competently use in-house business systems including Manufacturing Execution System, manufacturing shop floor control, internal status reporting, and product data management system.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.