Senior Manager - Enterprise Software Solutions at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Manager – Enterprise Software Solutions
Manage the Software Solutions organization within the Enterprise Software Missions organization with functional responsibilities for the entire organization and execution responsibilities to meet program commitments over all phases of the program lifecycle. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Software Missions.
What You'll Do:
- Build a strong leadership team and manage the Software Solutions organization. Responsible for budget planning, personnel management, and design/development of software solutions through the full program lifecycle.
- Be responsible for overall software engineering planning and execution performance to meet cost, schedule and technical objectives and successful software engineering execution on all Strategic Business Unit (SBU) efforts.
- Manage development of software solutions in response to customer needs, and support SBU capture plans and strategies, pursuit and proposal activities, and customer relationships.
- Functionally manage all software planning, design, development, implementation and test disciplines and expertise for a large organization that is responsible for developing software solutions for space, air, and ground applications.
- Conduct performance assessments and personnel actions, support salary reviews, recognition programs, ensure group has the appropriate processes in place to meet needs of programs and compliance with approved standards.
- Manage the workforce size to meet talent demands.
- Ensure engineers are appropriately trained to meet needs of programs as well as employee career goals.
- Ensure that all business is conducted with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, as well as company policies and directives.
- Contribute to Enterprise Software Missions Engineering strategic and operational planning.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Software or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Ability to self-start, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing software engineers.
- Relevant work experience with end-to-end software development practices and processes.
- Working knowledge of electrical hardware quality principles for space and ground applications.
- Ability to operate at the system level and interface to all engineering disciplines and organizations.
- Relevant work experience demonstrating knowledge of software engineering with DoD and NASA customers.
- Prior experience working in and with controlled, classified security environments is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Experience operating within classified program environments.
- Demonstrated successful management of electronics development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Proven track record in management of electronics design and development tasks as a lead.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $171,000 - $235,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.