Senior Manager, Engineering at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. We’re working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities to provide a personalized end-to-end customer energy experience that helps meet and accelerate carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Engineering to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
We are searching for a disciplined Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about changing the way millions of people save energy. You’ll work within the Engineering Squad to build and improve our engineering teams to deliver flexible and creative solutions to our utility partners and end-users. You’ll be a part of mentoring, coaching, and sponsoring a talented and passionate set of developers who work to deliver a compelling experience to users across our platforms. And you’ll work with a great team of peers with excellent benefits.
What you will contribute:
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- Love managing teams -- some of your proudest moments involve 1:1s and championing the growth of others
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems
- Have strong empathy and employ resilient management techniques
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy giving feedback and reflections to your direct reports
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are an experienced Engineering Manager - you ideally have 5-7 years of professional experience.
- An ability to mentor, coach, and sponsor your direct reports; an ability to shift between these management modes.
- Prioritizes psychological safety; your team achieves a healthy level of engagement.
- A commitment to curiosity over a commitment to being right.
- The ability to balance achieving business goals with sustainable development practices.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- An ability to develop relationships across the organization in support of efficient delivery of work.
- The ability to manage up, down, and across a set of smart, passionate professionals.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- Committed to high quality and high-value results negotiate what’s best for Uplight.
- Experience with growing teams and managing change.
- Familiarity with resilient management techniques and conscious leadership.
- Solid experience with a growth-stage software company.
- Excellent presence and public speaking skills.
- A desire to teach and facilitate continued learning amongst your management peer group.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and…. we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to Peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan (change if commission role)
- Innovated flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our offices reopen)
Salary Range: $130,000 to $147,000 (dependent on experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.