What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Senior Manager of SRE & DevOps contributes to the strategic objectives of the Innovation Division by providing 24x7 support of cloud-based production platform by leading SRE & DevOps team members across multiple geographical zones (USA, Europe, Asia). This is a technical management position focusing on development, leadership and oversight of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) department.Responsibilities:
- Maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, lead operational issues
- Collaborate with Dev/QA/OPS teams to identify root cause analysis and re-instrument triggers to prevent future network degradation and outages
- Provide leadership and direction to SRE & DevOps staff that are responsible for break-fix, uptime and reliability for core services, distribution, and customer access network elements and related interfaces
- Explore and innovate new cloud and HA technologies, features, and tools
- Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services, be at the heart of developing new insights into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with sophisticated technology and high IT professionals
- Provide leadership and managerial mentorship to SRE & DevOps team across all company’s locations
- Set clear expectations and build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams
- Participate in company-wide initiatives to develop design patterns, and champion them on the relevant R&D teams
- 8+ years of proven experience in support or development globally distributed cloud SaaS services with right level of Management experience
- Shown ability to craft, deliver, measure, and run big cloud environments with 20k+ VMs of high-growth SaaS systems with 99.99%+ SLA
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services including micro services
- Deep understanding of the software delivery process with the ability to implement and carry out that process across the organization
- Excellent project management skills. Understands the difference between waterfall, agile, scrum and any other project management tools to effectively strike the right balance.
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc) is a must
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.