Senior Manager, DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering at RingCentral
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We're the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we're looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: "Predictably Exceptional Results – We've Come To Expect Nothing Less."
- Deutsche Bank: "Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine."
- Jeffries: "Firing On All Cylinders."
- Northland: "As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels"
We're creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
The Senior Manager, DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering contributes to the strategic objectives of the Innovation Division by providing 24x7 support of cloud-based production platform by managing SRE & DevOps team members across multiple geographical zones (USA, Europe, Asia).
This is a headquarters based technical management position focusing on development, leadership and oversight of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) department.
You're someone who enjoys being directly accountable for the reliability of a business-critical, large-scale enterprise system. You're comfortable guiding and making decisions with limited information and are capable of operating within the trade-offs present when solving for immediate needs versus solving with bigger scale solutions. You might be considered a subject matter expert in systems reliability and you feel rewarded by working to develop operability culture in a quickly growing and changing environment. You're comfortable owning a wide and diverse set of problem areas and are willing to go out of your lane to affect change. You may have developed one or more metrics, log aggregation or performance analysis systems in your career.
A great day in this role: You just solved a critical customer issue. Your agile team is anticipating kudos across Customer Success & Product Engineering as they've been busy shipping best-in-class measurement and analytics tools to our platform that are ready to use and as approachable as possible. You've just attended a postmortem for a severe incident, and during the course of the meeting the team identified a big-scale way to add a new capability to the platform that not only prevents that type of outage, but potential similar outages in many other areas of the business. You've saved the company a significant amount of capex and lost revenue in your first 6 months, paying for your own position in the process! And a happy customer is an add-on revenue.
Our DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is an investment by Cloud to make "big-hammer", impactful changes to RingCentral that help us constantly run better, faster, and cheaper. This team centralizes the concerns of developing and providing measurements and guidance, so every engineer is able to improve availability and efficiency in their area of the RingCentral cloud. SRE improves RingCentral's customer experiences by ever-increasing availability and performance; reclaiming time spent by our engineers diagnosing issues or configuring software; reducing the total cost of owning and operating products and services. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at RingCentral. Come join us.
The position is located in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks. RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in efficient and proficient teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems and empower others to thrive.
- Maintain 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational issues
- Interface with Dev/QA/OPS teams to identify root cause analysis and re-instrument triggers to prevent future network degradation and outages
- Provide leadership and direction to SRE & DevOps staff that are responsible for break-fix, uptime and reliability for core services, distribution, and customer access network elements and related interfaces
- Explore and innovate new cloud and HA technologies, features, and tools
- Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services, be at the heart of developing new ideas into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with advanced technology and high IT professionals
- Provide leadership and managerial coaching to SRE & DevOps management team across all company's locations
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams
- Participate in company-wide initiatives to develop design patterns, and champion them on the relevant R&D teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent, is required.
- 8+ years of proven experience in support or development globally distributed cloud SaaS services with right level of Management experience
- Proven ability to design, deliver, measure, and manage big cloud environments with 20k+ VMs of high-growth SaaS systems with 99.99%+ SLA
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services including micro services
- Deep understanding of the software delivery process with the ability to implement and enforce that process across the organization
- Excellent project management skills. Understands the difference between waterfall, agile, scrum and any other project management tools to effectively strike the right balance.
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc) is a must
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.