AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior Machine Learning Engineer reporting to the Manager of Team Brain. AMP doesn’t just do machine learning, we are driven forward by it. Our core technology revolves around deep-learned models applied to robotics domains, and we are always striving to level up our offering. In pursuit of this, AMP is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our machine learning team and aid in building out cutting edge computer vision technology. In this role, you would be working on research and development projects to help us implement state of the art techniques, vet new technology, and automate our workflows. You would aid in bringing models from ideation all the way through to production, and help us to maintain our technological edge.
As our Machine Learning Engineer, you will work to:
- Experiment with modern neural network architectures or techniques driven by research publications.
- Design and implement deep learned, computer vision solutions in new domains.
- Help us improve our ML infrastructure.
- Support our existing ML infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years experience writing production-level code in python.
- Proficiency working with SQL databases and data pipelines.
- Proficiency with professional software engineering practices; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work on a small team and self-manage.
- Familiarity with Tensorflow.
- Familiarity with machine learning/computer vision techniques.
- Familiarity and interest in research-level mathematics.
- Startup ready mentality.
- Passion for recycling, robotics and changing the world.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or similar, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 3-5 years experience in deep learning applications; self-driving cars, reinforcement learning, computer vision for robotics.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $138,000 - 190,000 based on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).