About the position
Intelepeer is a leading CPaaS provider and a fastly growing company based in San Mateo, Denver and Dania beach Florida. We are looking for Senior Linux DevOps Engineer (preferred Redhat/Centos) for our Denver office to manage more than 1000 servers cross multiple datacenter and public cloud. He/she will work with other team members to provide reliable system infrastructure via internal and public cloud providers(AWS, IBM, GCP).
We are looking for a quick-starter, fast-learner, team player to grow the domain knowledge and contribute to the success of this company.
- Provide reliable system infrastructure via internal cloud or public cloud
- Work with other teams to satisfy future infrastructure needs
- Planning system maintenance to compliance with the security advisory
- Provide well-written document via Jira, confluence and README file within git repo.
- Maintain existing chef cookbook, implement new chef cookbook for additional system components.
- Utilize auditing tools to ensure accurate monitoring of all systems, services, and processes.
- Draft and promote standards and best practices among different team to archive better product, reliability, compatibility, better performance.
- Be available for support of highly available systems on a rotational basis (on-call rotation).
- Planning hardware refresh and maintenance where necessary
- Acting as technical and managerial escalation points for NOC and HelpDesk,
- Monitoring ticket queues for change control, incidents, and requests
- Ability to Travel for IT Infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Major in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
Experience & expertise
- 8+ years of experience in Linux (Redhat and/or CentOS)
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud based technologies such as VMware, AWS or IBM cloud
- Deep knowledge of scripting (bash shell, Python and php)
- Deep knowledge of git command line tool, Continuous Integration, gitlab
- Experience in system monitoring tool, syslog and ELK stack
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP
- Deep knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Deep knowledge of RPM package, local RPM repo and troubleshooting.
- Experience building Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments pipelines.
- Deep knowledge of apache/nginx web servers and web load balancer
- Experience in containers such as Docker
- Experience in managing SAN’s such as EMC
- Experience in database such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in configuration management such as Chef
- Experience in Windows OS