Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Create code within a test driven-development and pair programming environment.
- Work in fast paced, agile methodology .
- Act as a technical mentor and coach to less experienced developers.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, database, and caching techniques
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, rspec
- Unix/Linux/Mac OS experience
- Shell scripting (bash, sh, zsh)
- Git, Rally, Jenkins and Cloud Foundry