Senior Java Software Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
IBS Open APIs team builds and maintains Open API capabilities on the FIS Code Connect platform, for the various Integrated Banking Services (IBS) Clients and Vendors to build next generation Digital solutions and Integrations. Code Connect is part of the FIS's modernization vision to expose all assets as APIs, to enable rapid integration by our clients and Fintech partners allowing them to innovate faster and find new revenue streams. FIS Code Connect was named "Most Advanced API Strategy" in New Aite Group Core Banking Report.
What you will be doing
Help various Integrated Banking Services (IBS) Clients and Vendors to successfully integrate to Core via Open APIs. Also, understand the existing integrations from network and connectivity standpoint and help Clients migrate to newer standards of connectivity. During this process interact with various internal and external stake holders to provide updates.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of SOAP/ReST APIs using current programming languages and technologies
- Interacts with Clients and/or Vendors to explain Network connectivity, SSL Certificates and Firewall system requirements and/or necessary modifications to integrate with FIS
- Participates in triage meetings and analyzes API calls to determine Network connectivity and support Clients to migrate to correct endpoints
- Participates in Client Implementation meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements
What you bring:
- Requires good understanding of networking basics and SSL Certs
- Senior level ability in Java programming
- Proficiency in REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, XSLT, SQL
- Proficiency using tools like POSTMAN, SOAP/UI, SPLUNK
- Good understanding of API-based system to system integration flows, including network authentication, security, logging, etc
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Experience triaging API issues and defect resolution
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Product Implementation or Technical Service Delivery experience
- Experience with any API Gateway platform
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.