Senior Java Software Engineer - Core at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Ciitizen is now Invitae. You can learn more here.
Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer who will design and develop software solutions by studying existing requirements and utilizing new and existing software solutions to support the development team and fulfill existing product requirements. Must have the ability to prioritize and communicate clearly with the development team in order to direct and guide junior and mid-level developers and provide documentation and educational materials for current and future team members.
The role is based out of the Ciitizen offices in Palo Alto, California but can be 100% remote.
- Design and develop solutions by analyzing existing requirements and conferring with stakeholders.
- Provide documentation and demonstration of solutions for the education of new and future developers or customers.
- Provide mentorship and support to junior and mid-level engineers
- Be able to collaborate with the team to architect new solutions and products
- Remain informed on the latest development technologies and practices
- Significant experience in Java programming
- Ability to develop a product from initial requirements to product delivery
- Development experience in a microservices architecture
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong personal commitment to quality
- Strong object-oriented \ functional programming skills and know which to use when. (Java, python)
- Skilled in the Java programming language and one other language
- Experience with designing, implementing, and supporting an ETL pipeline
- Experience with running software applications in the cloud (AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes\Kafka\Docker
- Preferred: Degree in Computer Science or related field
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.