DAT Solutions is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join a newly formed team based in our Denver Colorado office.
As a Java Developer at DAT, you would be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and supporting some of our most critical systems. Using Java, J2EE, and Spring Boot, you’ll enhance and maintain and perform cloud migrations on the backbone system supporting our entire analytics business.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a small agile team of software developers and test engineers.
- Collaborate with architecture groups to guide and define the technical direction of new and existing applications and capabilities.
- Develop software solutions using Java, J2EE, and Spring Boot.
- Leverage AWS to deliver cloud-native solutions.
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Document software systems and project tasks.
- Participate in design & code reviews.
The Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience developing and supporting Java applications at web-scale.
- Familiarity with distributed computation systems processing millions of records across multiple datasets.
- Experience building REST-ful APIs.
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of build pipelines, deployment tools, and best practices in DevOps.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting in distributed systems.
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience lifting and shipping legacy applications from on-premise / colocation data centers to cloud platforms.
- Experience with modern data pipelines and processing technologies; Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based clustering and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience developing streaming, real-time, data processing pipelines.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $120,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $110 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.