Senior Java Developer at DAT Software & Analytics
DAT Solutions is looking for a SeniorJava Developer to join a newly formed team based in our Denver Colorado office.
As a Java Developer at DAT, you would be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and supporting some of our most critical systems. Using Java, J2EE, and Spring Boot, you’ll enhance and maintain and perform cloud migrations on the backbone system supporting our entire analytics business.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a small agile team of software developers and test engineers.
- Collaborate with architecture groups to guide and define the technical direction of new and existing applications and capabilities.
- Develop software solutions using Java, J2EE, and Spring Boot.
- Leverage AWS to deliver cloud-native solutions.
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Document software systems and project tasks.
- Participate in design & code reviews.
The Skills You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience developing and supporting Java applications at web-scale.
- Familiarity with distributed computation systems processing millions of records across multiple datasets.
- Experience building REST-ful APIs.
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of build pipelines, deployment tools, and best practices in DevOps.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting in distributed systems.
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience lifting and shipping legacy applications from on-premise / colocation data centers to cloud platforms.
- Experience with modern data pipelines and processing technologies; Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based clustering and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience developing streaming, real-time, data processing pipelines.
DAT Solutions is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in trucking, freight, and transportation supply chain logistics for 42 years. We wrote the book on freight automation, and continue to transform the industry year over year by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the deepest, broadest, most relevant data, and accurate insights, to help them make intelligent business decisions and successfully run their companies. We operate the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America, with 183 million freight matches in 2019, and a database of $118 billion of global shipment annual market transaction data. DAT Solutions is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Solutions embraces the value of a diverse workforce and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.