Senior Java Developer - Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Java Developer will be working on our SlingTV development teams in our Denver office. They will be working in an extremely collaborative and fast-paced environment using both scrum and XP methodologies. This person will act as a player coach within the team.
- Experience using TDD to write clean maintainable code that meets business objectives.
- Thrives in collaborative environments and enjoys working closely with stakeholders at all levels of the business to define and deliver features.
- Finds simple solutions to complex problems and embraces an iterative process.
- Excited to use unfamiliar technologies while stepping outside of your technical comfort zone to grow your skills.
- Enjoys tools that improve productivity and automate repetitive tasks.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- 3+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Full-stack experience with React.js or Java-8 with Spring and Spring-Cloud.
- Generous with knowledge and hungry to learn.
- Feels at home with the command line.
- Proficient with Git.
- Experience with Angular.js, Ruby on Rails or Elixir/Phoenix.
- Passionate about unit, functional, and integration level testing.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and a willingness to participate in process improvement.
- Understanding of micro service architecture principles.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery/continuous deployment environment.
- Experience with Docker containerization.