Senior IT Cloud Engineer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Public Cloud Automation Engineer
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The MBP Architecture Team is a cross-functional innovation team responsible for defining and driving the technology roadmaps and solutions for the Modern Banking Platform. The hands-on team reports into Enterprise Architecture and brings technical leadership around resiliency, performance, scale, frameworks, and tooling necessary to support FIS data centers and public cloud environments
What you will be doing
Working with your Cloud Architecture & Engineering team colleagues, you’ll enable adoption of DevOps, Automation, CI/CD Tooling, Infrastructure as Code and GitOps practices to help deliver FIS products “as a Service” on both Azure and AWS.
The Automation engineer will assess new and updated applications from our internal development groups and external 3rd parties, pilot them, engineer their automation for public cloud and roll them out as updates to our automation & deployments into live projects. This role will have a large influence on the DevOps, SRE and Public Cloud approach for the company. The role combines superior technical knowledge, automation expertise, and development process knowledge to bring about innovative process changes and shifts in work culture.
You’ll also be working on:
- Progression of JIRA backlog items in Agile sprints
- Development and customization of CI/CD Toolchains and support
- Capacity planning of the cloud infrastructure, scaling for future and its maintenance
- Automating everything; Documenting everything
- Finding which tech solution is the best for the solution of current business problems
- Post implementation 3rd line support investigations
- Conducting code reviews
- Establishing and refining monitoring & alerting and integration with relevant existing FIS services and processes
- Design and execute proof of concept (POC) and proof of value (POV) efforts to efficiently test out improvement ideas
- Implement metrics to track ROI of automation initiatives
- Mentor other team members in the design and implementation of CI/CD, DevOps, GitOps etc.
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues
- Proactively report status of all in progress initiatives
- Interface with stakeholders at several levels, from executive management to technical staff
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience as DevOps/Cloud Engineer, System Designer or Technical Lead for more than 12 months.
- Three or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Three or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases (Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc.)
- Three or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Experience in cloud migrations of Legacy applications.
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc).
- Three or more years’ experience of working with DevOps tooling including: Bitbucket, Jira, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, HashiStack (Terraform, Vault, Consul), CloudFormation, ELK, Prometheus, Splunk, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Tivoli/Smart Cloud.
- Specifically, three+ years’ experience working with Terraform Enterprise and Kubernetes is considered essential for this position.
- Three or more years’ experience with establishing or working under a DevOps culture, designing then building applications using continuous integration and deployment techniques with platform automation in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure or GCP, ideally certified to associate or professional level
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth end-to-end experience in implementing large-scale enterprise cloud solutions and platforms onto AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and understanding of the benefits/pitfalls of each cloud providers services.
- Extensive technical engineering background in one or more infrastructure technology domains.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfils the role of teacher, mentor, and coach
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
- Comfortable working with a globally diverse set of users, contractors, and partners
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Initially this role will be remote
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.