Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
The business products team are on a mission to make all aspects of running a small business beyond accounting a beautiful experience. Our product portfolio spans Payroll, Adjacent Products, and Packaging product groups. The wider business products team consists of many cross functional product teams focusing on specific needs of our small business customers. The new product team has a number of smaller ‘pods’ working to continually deliver incremental changes to our product.
What you'll do...
- Assist Analysts and Designers with the design, prototyping and preparation of software specifications and interaction designs for product features
- Assist with the preparation of test plans for the purpose of quality assurance testing software deliverables
- Develop robust, high quality software meeting the requirements of the agreed specifications and complying with Xero’s formal and informal development team standards and procedures
- Work closely with quality assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle
- Maintain a current knowledge of Apple’s and other development technologies used in the development of Xero’s software applications.
- Identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance the use of these technologies and Xero’s development standards.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both within the development team and the wider organisation.
What you'll bring with you...
- Passionate about software development and building design-led software using a wide range of internet based technologies
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work
- Has initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Experience in developing iOS applications
- Knowledge of all of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, Git
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us! You can choose to perform this role:
In one of our #beautiful offices (Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane)
Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.