Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Senior Integration Test Engineer will report to the Director of Test Engineering and will be responsible for testing the integration of the entire Outrider System or its subsystems, which include: an electric vehicle (EV) platform, AV sensors and compute, robotic arm, and site infrastructure. The test environment scope for this role is primarily autonomous trucks, but may also employ various simulation and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL)/benchtop environments.
This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a safety-critical system for industrial automation. The opportunity offers a very talented, self-starting engineer the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, organize and conduct integration tests to verify and validate the operation of the functions and safety mechanisms of the entire Outrider System or subsystems after software is integrated onto hardware
- Architect and execute software-driven test plans and procedures that minimize truck down-time by efficiently finding system and software bugs that affect any of the functions or safety mechanisms of the Outrider products
- Lead day-to-day integration test activities, debug issues live, and develop new Integration test capabilities by working hands-on with relevant HIL benches and autonomous trucks, as well as on simulation platforms
- Conduct detailed root-cause analyses on issues found during integration testing using common problem solving methods, document all findings in JIRA, and drive the issues to fast resolution by influencing and collaborating with the development teams
- Develop data analysis scripts and visualization tools to quickly extract key learnings and trends from the Integration testing
- Effectively communicate integration test results, issues, and resolution proposals to Engineering leadership and development teams
- Drive and advise Engineering teams on how to approach and implement strong, testable integration requirements and architectural designs based on learnings from testing
- Define software and hardware test harnesses and work with mechanical and electrical engineering personnel to implement them
- Embody a "Safety Steward" mindset - hold all persons accountable for safety on test trucks, equipment and area, and proactively propose safety improvements
- Work with the team to understand and prioritize test exceptions and help drive toward a product that meets all customer, business, and technical expectations
- Travel as needed to perform field work, training, or customer support (up to 20%)
- 7 or more years' experience testing the integration of 'system of systems' architectures with complex software components, such as robotics, autonomous vehicles, or other automotive/aerospace products
- Proven capability in problem-solving complex systems, software or robotics
- Experience with the software development life cycle, modern software/hardware/system testing methods, and continuous integration
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, curious mindset
- Sterling references
- Experience with autonomous trucks or other automated vehicles
- Experience in automotive systems and components such as CAN interface, braking and chassis systems, and EV powertrains
- Experience developing or using Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test benches
- Experience in ROS and Linux and command-line interface
- Experience with C++ and Python
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $110,000 - $170,000. For benefits, check this out!