Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer – Ground Systems
Ground Integration and Test Engineer in support of requirements, design, analysis, test and operation of space vehicles and ground systems for commercial, DoD and NASA customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Support design, development, integration and testing of ground system.
- Apply extensive technical expertise, and knowledge of ground systems.
- Fully competent in core I&T skills, contribute to effective producibility of designs, and to cost, budget, and schedule constraints over program lifecycle.
- Guide the successful completion of ground programs and may function in a project leadership role meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Interface effectively with people at all levels and from diverse areas, seek out responsibilities and opportunities to contribute, regularly meets with customers, provide leadership to groups and teams and guidance to less experienced employees.
- Support the development of ground segment test architecture.
- Participate with Systems Engineering in the requirement verification attribute (Verification Test method, level, approach, success criteria, and Test Requirements) development.
- Participate in Verification Plan development, which documents the detailed plan of how ground segment requirements will be verified, including identification of key test artifacts essential for comprehensive ground segment verification.
- Perform test procedure development, including automated tests, as part of the artifacts required to complete prior to formal testing.
- Perform specific test procedure execution per the defined procedures, coordinating across all test participants and witnesses, documenting all execution details.
- Provide formal and informal verification event support including chart development, evidence and report capture, and test activity management.
- Assess system performance with multiple subject matter experts to lead the verification against the analysis and verification artifacts. Lead and verify analyses of the Technical Performance Measures (TPMs).
- Support trade studies, performance analyses, risk and opportunity assessments.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers.
- Support program gates as defined by customer, such as the System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current active TS/SCI security clearance required.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Any experience in mission management, command & control, mission data processing, ground terminal and infrastructure domains is a positive.
- Knowledge of and support various test milestone like Test Readiness Review (TRR), Factory or Site Acceptance Test (FAT/SAT); Security milestones like Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO); Ground sell off milestones like Ground Completion Review (GCR).
- Any experience with any ground or mission integration including operations readiness activities, rehearsals and launch support activities is a positive.
- Any experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Information Assurance (IA) in developing ground systems is positive.
- Knowledge of ground HW like FEPs, Cryptos along with various platforms or infrastructure to host ground system is a positive.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and principles is a positive.
- Experience with Automated Software Testing at the Component or Subsystem Level.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD) principles with security requirements be part of design and development phase as part of practicing DevSecOps on program is a positive.
- Experience in cloud development environment is a positive but not required.
- Experience with requirements management tool like DOORS is desired.
- Experience with Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) and UML diagrams (Class Diagrams, Sequence of Events Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams) is a positive but not required.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools such as Confluence and Jira is desired, but not required.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python or Perl is a positive, but not required.
- Experience in software languages such as Java and/or C++ and/or Ruby is a positive but not required.
- Work is performed in an office, or in laboratory environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available .
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.