CircleCI seeks a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who is eager to build a product that empowers thousands of developers to ship quality code faster, every single day. This role will contribute to the Server team within our Platform Engineering group, working adjacent to SRE and Security teams. This team is charged with supporting, developing, maintaining, and improving our self hosted product.
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer will work alongside development, operations, marketing, and sales to maintain product integrity and deliver new functionality. This person will manage escalations, maintain and extend the platform, add tooling for observability and ease of development, as well as participate in agile team processes.
This crucial position affords the right candidate many interesting and challenging opportunities to play a key role in the growth and maturity of the team! The engineer stepping into this role will have a significant impact on the stability and functionality of our self hosted product.What you'll do:
- Design and build new features
- Help guide the stability and performance of our self hosted product
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other partners to set the direction of our platform and product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, create effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value
- Participating in and contributing to the improvement of rotating on-call duties, including incident management
- 3+ years of backend development experience with micro-services and distributed systems
- Experience with cloud services and virtualization, e.g. AWS, GCP, etc
- Experience managing container-based architectures, including orchestration, service-discovery, monitoring, and debugging
- Ability to write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable
- Comfortable handling the ambiguity of a small, rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete, and instituting standard methodologies from scratch when needed
- Care deeply about the experience and satisfaction of users (internal and external)
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team
- Favor regular, incremental delivery of value over perfection
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $133,500 - $157,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level