Ibotta is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our app that is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling infrastructure leveraging technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Cloud Infrastructure team to drive engineering productivity and empowerment in a large cloud infrastructure using AWS and Kubernetes.
- Develop tools to enable product developer self-service access, at velocity, for infrastructure creation and management.
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Maintain infrastructure for big data analysis (billions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Research and implement technology solutions for a reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Ensure that security is a first-class object, across the infrastructure.
- Ship production code on a daily basis
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of experience in DevOps or software development
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Familiarity with the command line, including shell scripting in bash/zsh
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Experience with a variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience managing and deploying highly available systems
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting a production platform to hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration/Delivery for applications and infrastructure
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- TDD and unit test experience using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity
- Base compensation range: $115,000 - $135,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels