Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Ibotta is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer to come build something great with us! As part of the engineering team, you will work on the systems and tools that power the microservices platform behind the Ibotta app, which is used by millions of consumers. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building and scaling secure infrastructure leveraging technologies using AWS, Terraform, and Kubernetes. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a member of the DevTools team, drive overall engineering productivity and empowerment for an event-based microservices platform hosted in AWS using Kubernetes.
- Drive a DevOps culture by creating tools to enable product developer self-service access, at velocity, for infrastructure creation and management.
- Provide infrastructure expertise, guidance, and education to product development teams with special emphasis on security
- Technical leadership for quarterly initiatives and projects
- Research and implement technology solutions for a secure, reliable, high performance, high transaction system
- Build automation tools for testing, provisioning, monitoring and deployment
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
What we value from great engineers:
- Love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- Elevate teammates through kindness, empathy, and honesty
- Pursue continuous growth personally and professionally
- Understand that communication is an important part of engineering work
- Value pragmatism, incremental development, automation, and quality
- Respect diverse perspectives and enjoy collaborating with other engineers to solve problems
- Trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience in cloud infrastructure, software development, or system administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform
- Experience managing and deploying large scale, highly available systems
- Experience automating tasks for internal or external applications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
These skills are nice to have, but not required:
- Experience implementing cloud infrastructure to meet industry standards e.g. PCI DSS, ISO 27000, and GDPR
- Working knowledge of bash/zsh scripting, Git, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience with Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) and cloud network architecture
- Experience with container orchestration, especially using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring, log aggregation, and APM, especially using DataDog
- Understanding of SRE concepts such as SLOs, toil, and error budget
- Knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Scrum/Agile development experience
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.