Senior Industrial Engineer - Business Processes at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Senior Industrial Engineer – Business Processes
Thought leader in the implementation and utilization of methods, tools, and techniques of lean six sigma and continuous improvement, will solve organizational process problems and addresses new opportunities by analyzing business requirements, documenting business processes, and recommending process solutions. Primary contributor to the improvement of business processes. Requires strong leadership skills to lead multiple, complex, cross-functional improvement efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Develop detailed understanding of all core business processes.
- Utilize data-driven, fact-based analytics to formulate tactical, actionable solutions to business issues identifying and managing risks and opportunities.
- Analyze, understand, and document current-state and/or similar business process models and business requirements to support design, optimization, and documentation (mapping) of processes.
- Utilize LSS techniques to identify waste in processes and demonstrate Return on Investment.
- Facilitate one-on-one interviews and cross-team process workshops as part of process discovery, improvement, and change management.
- Support the management and implementation of employee suggestions.
- Communicate, inform, and educate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Identify, define, gather, and analyze process metrics to support findings and recommendations using a variety of data analytic methods and presentation formats.
- Develop and track project cost and schedule, working to meet project milestones.
- Assist in the evolution of the department's supporting infrastructure by evaluating alternative courses of action and recommending adjustments and improvements to methods and tools.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Experience leading business process and/or technology projects demonstrating creative, out-of-box thinking.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification required.
- Ability to extract, gather, connect, and assemble data from disparate data sources into a cohesive view using a variety of methods and tools (Excel/Minitab, Access, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate and partner with various SMEs across the organization.
- Proficient with Business Productivity (e.g., MS Word, Excel, etc.) and Business Modeling Tools (e.g., Visio, etc.).
- Experience in negotiation, collaboration, influencing and working in a matrixed environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrating a consistent attention to detail; solid organization and workflow skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.