Senior Identity Engineer at BillGO
Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A problem solver that likes being part of a team working closely to change the world of bill pay. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Collaborating with team members and solving technical problems is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and going on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Pay and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, holiday pay and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of goodies
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
We do ask that you are already local to Northern CO or willing to relocate.
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
The Senior Identity Engineer role is a member of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Team, whose mission it is to ensure that IAM provides appropriate technologies and services that enable data and application owners to extend access to authorized subjects/actors. This includes systems for managing the full lifecycle of identities and access management. Success requires working with the business to understand requirements and implementing Identity services that meet those needs in a manner that achieves our compliance and regulatory objectives.
This position requires strong partnership with IT, Security, business, and third-party stakeholders, to ensure that BillGO can execute its business plans.
Identity and Access Management (80%)
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical stewardship of IAM technical platforms and service offerings
- Ensure that IAM services are always available
- Ensure that appropriate maintenance, monitoring, automation, and response procedures are in place, to meet Security and availability objectives
- Conduct operations in a quality manner, in accordance with our ITIL and other documented processes
- Gather, analyze, and report on IAM service consumption, availability, and value delivered to our customers
- Partner with IT stakeholders to engineer, implement, and enhance technical platforms and related service offerings on an ongoing basis
- Develop engineering patterns that facilitate the re-use of Identity services in a safe, efficient, and compliant manner
- Create/maintain diagrams of IAM platforms and services
- Serve as a technical resource on various initiatives
- Advocate for new/enhanced IAM services on behalf of all stakeholders
- Hold technical debt to minimum possible
- Contribute requirements to technology selection process
- Develop/maintain IAM-related governance (standards and procedures) in alignment with overall Security objectives/governance
- Participate in testing and QA processes as required, to ensure that service offerings perform as expected
- Partner with business and technical consumers of IAM services offerings, to ensure that requirements are being met, future needs understood, and supporting roadmaps are developed accordingly
- Partner closely with stakeholders that maintain data or systems that are integrated with our Security platforms (eg. PeopleOps/HR, Directory Services team, and others)
- Learn and attend training related to monitoring, ongoing support, routine engineering, and operation of new and existing security platforms and services
- Maintain awareness and commitment to company objectives/targets and ensure that deliverables are aligned accordingly
- Serve as situational team lead, for any return-to-service or other troubleshooting events, to drive issues to resolution and communicate status and outcomes to Security leadership team
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all IAM customers and other Security, IT, and business stakeholders
- Understand customer and overall company objectives and develop support strategies that map to IAM service offerings
- Drive enterprise adoption and re-use of available roles, access methods, and related IAM services
- Mentor Security peers and others, including training on new administrative functions, sharing best practices, and cultivating ideas and subsequent business cases
- Understand Security and company objectives and develop support strategies that map to Identity and Access Management Service Offerings
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Perform other duties or functions as requested by management
- Participate in “on-call” rotation as a technical and functional expert
Associate and Operational Management
- Support company business and sales objectives through the effective and efficient performance of job responsibilities
- Has no budget setting or budgetary authority but may act as part of a team with responsibility for achieving objectives within an established budget
- 6+ years of experience with Identity and Access Mgmt systems is preferred to perform at expectation. Applies in-depth advanced knowledge and skills of a specific/specialized technical area with understanding of external environment factors that may affect own specialist area. Provides expert advice, coaching, and counseling within discipline/function area.
- Operational (and preferably design) experience with one or more enterprise-class Identity Management platforms (eg. Okta, SailPoint, Oracle OIM, etc.).
- Experience with Role Engineering and ongoing mgmt
- Experience with Federation and Single-Sign-On solutions
- Experience with Privileged Access Mgmt platforms
- Experience with Certificate Authorities and certificate lifecycle mgmt
- Must be able to understand and analyze existing data about users and their entitlements to assist in defining and maintaining Roles
- Working understanding of the SDLC and QA lifecycle and methodology preferred
Recommended but not required:
- Certifications not required, but SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) desirable
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Payments a plus
- Experience with scaling a hypergrowth company
The compensation range for this role is $120k to $145k. This range is based on local market assessments, and may vary depending on experience and qualifications.