Do you want to build solutions for the biggest names in the finance industry?
Our public and private sites generate over 2 billion hits per week. If you manage your investments online, you may already be using our solutions.
Do you want to create modern web applications with cutting edge UI/UX designs?
Our team of 40+ designers work closely with our engineering teams to design and build the next generation of online of experiences for finance.
Are you looking for an exciting and engaging place to work? A place where you can continue to grow your skills, in a stable environment where we put our people first?
We’ve been in business for over 25 years, and continue to be the premier provider of digital solutions for the financial industry today.
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We use modern API-driven client-side rendered frameworks and .NET server-side rendered applications to deliver custom user interfaces that complement our clients' existing brand. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world class products.
What you'll do:
- Leverage your 8+ years of experience building applications and mentoring Developers to provide your team with technical guidance and training
- Contribute to a cross-functional agile team developing and maintaining web sites for some of the biggest names in the financial industry
- Guide the continuous improvement of your teams’ systems and applications
- Let us benefit from your past experience, by showing us how to build it right the first time
- Develop single page applications in React or Vue, and/or server-side rendered applications in .NET with C#/Razor
- Produce RESTful API applications in Node.js which adhere to specifications defined in Swagger 2.0/OpenAPI
- Utilize microservice backend applications to retrieve and process complex datasets
- Create visually stunning client or server-side rendered charts and graphs
- Use your knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to produce applications that make content accessible to all users
- Mentor and learn from developers of all levels, continually building your own skill sets and capabilities in order to help teams achieve their sprint and project goals
- Partner with our amazing design team to bring our clients' vision to reality
- Collaborate with some of the most talented developers in the field, and enjoy not having to have all the answers all the time
- Tap into your passion for building intuitive, performant, and secure web experiences to create the next generation of financial information web sites
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of application development experience
- Prior experience in a Lead Developer role with teams of 3-5 Developers
- Applicable experience using the following technologies:
- jQuery, Bootstrap, LESS. SASS
- React, Vue, or Angular
- C# or Java
- Writing SQL queries for relational databases like SQL Server or MySQL
- Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- NPM, Gulp, Webpack
- Centralized version control system like Git or Subversion
- RESTful APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI specifications
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of ways to account for NFRs like performance, security, maintainability, and stability
- DevOps and observability: application monitoring, logging, and alerting
The following experience is encouraged:
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Experience working with containers
- Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, design patterns, and SOLID
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Consul, and Docker
- Knowledge of Financial domain