Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Checkr X at Checkr (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join Checkr X, our innovation program aimed at finding and bringing to market new product bets for Checkr. This team is specifically thinking about HR infrastructure for the new world of work, beyond background checks. It’s also designed to operate and iterate quickly like a new startup, while being able to leverage our existing strengths and assets from our core business. Think about joining a startup within a startup!
- Collaborate with our founders and early adopters to design and implement new products
- Develop new end to end web applications
- Build new industry-leading APIs
- Integrate with new data sources
- Instrument and deploy new product experiments
- Leverage the Checkr ecosystem (systems, data) when appropriate to accelerate development of those new concepts
What you bring:
- Have founded or held early roles at fast-paced startups
- 3+ years of full stack software development experience with Ruby (or a similar language) and React
- Some good product sense - not every UI flow will have a mockup ready for you :)
- A strong sense of ownership from feature design through production release
- Understanding of staged rollouts and what’s needed for MVPs - imperfect today is better than perfect next week!
- A desire to collaborate with external stakeholders
- Experience integrating with third-party applications
- Experience creating, maintaining, and operating microservices
- Experience in securing and optimizing the applications you help create
- Experience developing platforms built using an asynchronous event-based architecture
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $129,200-$152,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.