Senior Full Stack Engineer
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, incentive programs, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, yoga classes, wellness committee events (hiking, softball, soccer,.. to name a few!), health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Onsite cafe
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will have an opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment with our Digital and Application Development teams. You will engage with business stakeholders, Digital Product Managers, UI designers, developers and architects to create high performing and easy to use digital banking and mobile solutions for the credit union. Our goal is to deliver exceptional digital experiences for our members and position Elevations as an innovation leader in the space. You will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle including; understanding the problem and solutioning, creating requirements, conducting systems analysis, design, development and testing before implementing new features to production. You will be expected to work in an agile environment and demonstrate a solid understanding of scalable microservices architecture, comprehensive technical knowledge including API development/integration and proven expertise leveraging software engineering best practices.
Essential Functions include:
- Primary responsibility for the development, implementation and support of reliable and highly available digital solutions.
- Accountable for ensuring the quality of the design, code, test, and implementation of digital banking and mobile solutions using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with the Digital Product Managers, UX Designers, core systems developers and vendors to ensure solutions meet strategic business goals and user experience vision.
- Analyzing current code and existing design with the goal of enacting improvements geared towards making components and processes more efficient for the entire team.
- Establish and coach others on coding standards and engineering best practices for the application integration layer as well as the web and mobile UI.
- Presenting technical design to the Architecture Review Committee.
- Managing risks and resolving issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality.
- Effectively leverage build, deployment and monitoring/logging tools.
- Collaborate with core-systems developers and UI/UX designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, members and potential members of the credit union.
- Evaluate and influence selection of appropriate tools to enhance the teams’ productivity.
- Coach and collaborate with other development team members on engineering best practices.
- Create and implement design principles that ensures omnichannel usability.
- Responsible for maintaining code quality and integrity as well as ensure application architecture is designed for performance and resiliency
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
VP IT Planning and App Development
This role does not have supervisory responsibility.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing and implementing applications and integrations across the full technology stack to support the end to end experience.
- Experience with server-side languages (such as NodeJS, SQL, Java, etc.) and web services (such as REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Experience integrating microservices architecture with legacy systems
- Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills to handle complex situations effectively.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work directly with and influence stakeholders.
- Self-motivated decision maker, frequently taking initiative to improve the code base and share best practices
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prefer knowledge of the ITIL framework and experience implementing engineering processes, procedures and templates.
- Experience with user analytics and monitoring.
- Experience mentoring and transforming IT groups into leveraging software best practices
Work Environment: This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Physical Requirements: Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time position, 40 hours a week
Location: Broomfield, CO
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.