Senior Full Stack Engineer
Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You’ll Do
- As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Delivery and Activation team, you’ll push the boundaries of the GoSpotCheck product and platform, automating processes and creating valuable solutions. We are constantly exploring new use cases for our customers and prospective customers. You’ll build highly scalable products for the enterprise customer, and solve the complex engineering challenges that come along with that. You’ll collaborate with, or even lead, your Agile team to continue improving the product and customer experience!
What We’ll Achieve
- Our customers will use the product features you create to execute missions and receive insightful real-time reports from the field.
- The new fully-fledged, and scalable, features you build will not only help our current customers, but also open the door to new use cases that will keep GoSpotCheck’s business growing!
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights and mentorship you provide to the team.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way business is done out in the field, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
- You’ll establish yourself as a mentor and coach to some of our more junior folks who are hungry to learn!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You’re capable of delivering a full feature set from start to finish correctly and on time without getting lost down rabbit holes or chasing shiny objects.
- You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the technology and paradigms that produce the best results.
- While you have worked in various environments, your ramp time would be shortest if you have solid experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, AWS and Agile practices.
- You’re willing to learn more. Scala, Elixir, Go… the opportunity to work in these environments excites you.
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You have a passion for mentorship and take great pleasure in helping develop engineers.
- You may rarely need help, but still seek out and value collaboration to validate ideas or triangulate best solutions to hard problems.
- You find motivation in being involved in planning, architecture and strategic discussions.
- You believe in the benefits of test driven design.
- You have solid computer science fundamentals: data modeling, data structures, algorithms, design patterns and programming languages.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- You enjoy mentoring teammates to make your team and department exceptional.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday.
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, and BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado, 2019.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description