What You'll Do
- As a Senior Full Stack Engineer in the Image Recognition Team, you’ll play a crucial role in developing enterprise-grade web applications. From building clean, scalable, and maintainable backend services to creating intuitive user interfaces. You will also play a pivotal role in creating highly extensible products for the enterprise, and solve the complex engineering opportunities that come along with that. As the Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will work with the agile team to continue innovating the product and customer experience.
What We'll Achieve
- We’ll evaluate and implement the latest and greatest technologies to achieve the best solutions for our business, you will have the ability to quickly acclimate and drive best practices.
- You will bring a robust approach and implement seamless workflows that will benefit clients to turn their business goals into reality with actional reporting and workflows.
- With a combination of your robust approach and implementing best practices, you will drive continuous efficiencies in the field by delivering best in class products to market.
- The interfaces you create will allow users to solve complex tasks in an intuitive manner.
- You will be seen as a leader with respect to the quality of code you create, resulting in valuable insights; with a willingness to coach and mentor colleagues.
Who You Are
- You are a skilled senior-level software engineer with 5+ years of professional experience and have exposure to both frontend and backend development, and immediately impacting with solid experience with Ruby on Rails, Go, TypeScript, kubernetes and serverless functions.
- You have expertise in gRPC and/or RESTful API’s as well as the design, deployment, and monitoring of these API’s especially in a service-oriented architecture.
- You will be experienced and use your knowledge of several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, with the ability to deliver the right solution to solve each challenge.
- You’re able to work autonomously on a lean team, with the ability to solely deliver projects from conception to execution, including making architecture and software decisions, speaking to your choices, and mentoring other engineers.
- The ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, and deliver innovative problem solving skills across backend services and frontend user interfaces.
- You have experience with componentized frontend development and appreciate the benefits of reusable user interface components, experience with Cypress testing and CI environment is a distinct advantage.
- You have completed a bachelor’s degree in computer science. It is preferable if you have solid computer science fundamentals including data modeling, data structures, algorithm performance, and design patterns.
- You are delivery oriented and appreciate the tradeoffs between ‘complete’ and ‘perfect’, coupled with a positive and a “can-do” mindset.
- You will have an inquisitive mindset with an eagerness to learn more skills, and comfortable operating in a virtual, collaborative and team based environment.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things every day.
- A positive mindset with a winning mentality, you will bring three potential solutions to every challenge that has to be overcome, while at the same time know how to prioritize multiple deadlines.
Other Personal Characteristics
- You’re an empathetic listener; willingness to coach and mentor others, coupled with the ability to work autonomously.
- You believe in “Radical Candor” and the ability to not only give timely feedback but are open to receiving 360 degree feedback yourself.
- You will be a collaborative and thoughtful team player that is open to feedback and a mindset toward continuous improvement.
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $120,000 - $150,000 depending on experience and other qualifications.