On a mission to bring ticketing into every team’s conversations.
At Halp, we’re focused on creating delight in everyday conversational interactions. We believe that work starts and ends as a conversation between two individuals. Halp is a conversational ticketing solution for modern internal operations teams to assign, prioritize, track, and answer requests from Slack in a message-based interface. Companies using Halp get faster response times, more productive operational support teams, and happier employees. Halp is already used every day by teams at Strava, Home Depot, G2 Crowd, Slack, ClassPass, and many more.
We’re a venture-backed, Techstars Boulder graduate with customers all over the world. Our investors include Slack, Matchstick Ventures, and Next Frontier Capital. We’re rapidly scaling our team and are committed to hiring amazing talent from all backgrounds and walks of life. We’re proud to have been featured on BuiltInColorado’s 2020 Best Small Places to Work. If you're hard-working and want to make a lasting impact on a small but mighty team, Halp is a great place to grow your career.
About the Role:
Halp is looking for a talented software engineer (5+ years experience) with a knack for solving problems and a passion for helping team members and customers. Our product and engineering team builds software that helps technical operations teams dramatically reduce ticket resolution time, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity. Every engineer at Halp touches all parts of our product lifecycle and has input into developing the future of our SaaS product suite.
As a full-stack engineer, you will play an essential role in evolving Halp, making a large impact on our rapidly growing company. We seek out action-oriented individuals that aren’t afraid to voice their opinion and value healthy debate as much as collaboration.
You will contribute to the core of Halp, surfacing intuitive experiences inside Slack and our web product to create and triage tickets that impact more than 100,000 employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, GitHub, and Strava.
As a product-driven company, our engineering team’s main goal is continuously building empathy with our customers’ core problems to better execute against our short, mid, and long-term product strategy. You’ll own projects end-to-end and will architect, code, test, and ship web technology. You’ll also be involved in brainstorming, designing, and prototyping evolutions of the Halp product suite.
What You’ll Do:
- Own code all the way through to production and verify it’s solving the right problem for the customer.
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users.
- Be a great agile team member. Ship fast, small increments to iterate quickly towards building working software that solves real problems.
- React to how our product is used in the wild, and help to fix bugs and production issues as they occur.
- Understand the reasoning behind key product and design decisions and contribute good solutions to implementation and architecture discussions.
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions.
- Take initiative to drive new projects, reduce complexity, and unblock others.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to influence product strategy and direction.
- Lead key initiatives to improve a product that our customers seriously love. Seriously. See what Josh Senick, Senior Manager, Business Technology Operations, Slack, had to say about Halp: “The second I saw it, I said where do I sign? How do we get this, because this is exactly what I want to do. This is the tool I’ve been wanting since my first day at Slack."
Who You Are:
- A results-oriented engineer who is comfortable with higher levels of ambiguity
- A proactive communicator with great follow-through
- Excited about learning from your coworkers and collaborating with people with diverse perspectives
- Willing to voice your opinion but okay with not always being right
- Trend towards focusing on the customer problem and treating technology as a means to an end
- At least 5 years of experience in an engineering role at a software company
- An extensive background in front-end engineering and API design and implementation
- Able to technically lead a product initiative from design to production
- Able to guide scaling a platform across distributed services
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) from a top university or equivalent experience
- Nice to have: Experience working with helpdesk or ticketing platforms
- Nice to have: Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and implementation
The way we work is pretty special.
- Monday memos with detailed updates from each team lead to promote transparency and give everyone a lens into what’s happening across the whole business.
- Company-wide retros on Fridays where we debrief on the week and have an open dialogue about what we want to keep and change.
- Once a week option to work from home (or as we say, Slack-first day).
- Weekly team lunches where we share accomplishments, appreciations, and “in-the-ditches” (things that went laughably wrong).
- Lunch-and-learns — we buy lunch while team members share their subject-matter expertise with the rest of the team.
- Flexibility to work out of either our downtown Boulder office with flatiron views or downtown Denver office above the Milk Market.
We take care of our people.
Competitive salary & stock options
Excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage — we cover 100% of your cost of health insurance and 25% of your dependents’ cost
Unlimited vacation policy
Paid parental leave
Public transit EcoPass
Annual international company retreat
Weekly team lunch on us
Team events and offsites with the best coworkers you’ve ever had
Office kitchen stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
Zestful monthly stipend for learning, health, and fitness
Book stipend for continuous education