Senior Full Stack Engineer, Application Engine at CircleCI
At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer for our Application Engine teams - where you will have the ability to impact developers worldwide by providing fast, insightful, and concrete feedback on the results of testing their changes and the quality of their testing.
This is a full-time role at the E3 level on our Engineering Skills Matrix and requires participation in our on-call support rotation. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.What You’ll Do:
- Design and build new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Support, maintain and debug microservices in a complex distributed system.
- Build a culture of observability and monitoring: use operational data to help your team increase the stability, performance, and usage of our systems.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other partners to set the direction of our product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user journeys, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a balanced, incremental fashion.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and building distributed systems in production environments at scale.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking in observability from the beginning.
- You approach everything from working on the UI to API design with the same level of respect and intention. You don’t need to be a specialist in everything; T-shaped folks are ideal for these roles.
- You’re interested in learning new languages and technologies.
- You’re good at adapting to the dynamics of a rapidly-growing company with a remote-first environment - quickly adjusting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
- Develop a culture of trust, collaboration, and transparency within a distributed team.
- Favour regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in Canada!About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $123,500 - $145,000/year
This role will report to Engineering Manager, Riasat Rakin.
Level: Mid-Senior Level