Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had? At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around community, constant innovation, and customer commitment. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a sense of mission, is personally rewarded, and professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company, founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Bluestaq was recently recognized as a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Last year, Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year, named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year, recognized as a 2019 Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs by the Colorado Springs Gazette, and acknowledged on three 2020 Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work Lists:
- #21 Best Places to Work in Colorado,
- #5 Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado,
- #4 Best Paying Companies in Colorado.
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
Who we’re looking for..
Bluestaq is looking for a self-starting, ambitious, results-oriented team member who is not afraid to question assumptions or learn a new skill or technology on the job to solve a problem. The right candidate has excellent written and oral skills with several years of experience developing Java-based enterprise system. Our software engineers are familiar with many data storage solutions, their characteristics, benefits, and when to use them. In a Full Stack Engineering position at Bluestaq, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with all levels from developers to government officials and operational analysts to design advanced software systems.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience.
- Strong development skills in Java, with demonstrated architect-level experience.
- History of implementing enterprise solutions with strict availability, concurrency, and low latency requirements.
- Experience with Java build systems (Maven, Gradle)
- Knowledge of applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, protocols)
- Strong understanding of both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Comfortable with multi-threading, event-based software architectures, queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and asynchronous event handling.
- Significant hands-on experience and fluency in data storage solutions (RDS, Document stores, graph store, Hadoop) and an understanding of when to use them.
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- DoD Security+ or CISSP training certification
Education: BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Bluestaq is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants regardless of age, gender, race and religion, disabilities, or protected veteran status.