Senior Frontend Engineer at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (MST) on Monday, January 10, 2022
Built In Colorado honors Pie in its 2021 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Raises $118 Million in Series C Funding
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie's mission is to empower small businesses to thrive by making commercial insurance affordable and as easy as pie. We leverage technology to transform how small businesses buy and experience commercial insurance—starting with workers’ compensation.
Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs who are driven by core values that guide every decision we make.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to build industry leading applications, enhance readability and performance of existing applications, and help to drive success within the development lifecycle. Collaborating with other world-class engineers, senior engineers look to design and develop applications that will be highly resilient, performant, and scalable. The Senior Engineer is a thought leader on the Engineering team, driving the team and their peers to engineering excellence.
How You'll Do It
- Embodying Pie's mission, vision, and values to foster a collaborative environment and excellence within their team
- Acting as a leader on the team to maintain accountability for the team’s tasks, goals, and responsibilities
- Working with modern best practices in the microservice architectures
- Building systems that are highly resilient, performant, and scalable
- Driving excellence in code bases owned by your team and by being an example for peers on your team by decomposing requirements into technical work units and possessing the appropriate domain knowledge to be able to identify edge cases or missed requirements
- Providing an intuition in which to base design trade offs; knows when the right time to focus on certain architectural or design characteristics and emphasize others based on the goals of the project
- Partnering constructively with Product and Design to evaluate opportunities and requirements by fostering cohesion within the squad to cultivate a healthy working environment with high degrees of trust
- Acting as the tip of the spear for breaking through project impediments, being the one someone others on the team come to when they need help solving challenging problems
- Participating in cross-team engineering initiatives being led by a Staff or Principal engineers
- Driving innovation on their squad with a willingness to experiment and boldly confronting problems of immense complexity and scope
- Actively maintains systems owned by your team, identifying opportunities that will help mitigate future risk and improve system health
- Utilizing and improving observability tools/practices, CD pipelines, and maintaining an awareness of how applications operate in a production context and their system resource utilization
The Right Stuff
- Have been creating web applications in a professional setting for 5+ years
- Can lead discussions on architecture and drive technical decision making
- Write clean, maintainable code with the ability to create meaningful tests
- Create thorough technical documentation
- Take part in epic and story creation, focused on product driven approaches
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Have worked in a CI/CD environment.
- Have proven experience designing and building Microservices architectures
- Expert understanding with async design patterns
- You have deep understanding of open source frameworks, web technologies, HTTP, and other tools that facilitate the practice of software engineering
- Experience working with sophisticated application state, e.g. Apollo Client, Redux, MobX or similar
- Knowledge in building systems such as Webpack and Babel
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value our team members and want to support them, so we’re proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $124,000 - $180,000
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
This role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States*, and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
#LI-Remote #LI-DS1 #BI-Remote