SonderMind is hiring remote Front End Software Engineers at the mid and senior level to support our network of clients & providers. As a Front End Engineer, you will be able to make immediate impact on design and implementation decisions with the team. You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform. You will join a motivated team that encourages healthy debate, but ascribe to a “disagree, but commit” attitude once we make a decision.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have extensive experience in Angular 7+ framework, and are seeking opportunities to continue to grow professionally. You work well in an agile environment, and collaborate well with other Software Engineers, Test Automation Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to adapt when needed.
- Within one week, successfully understand our current front-end product architecture
- Within two weeks, start implementation of new or updated UI changes
- Within 3 weeks, provide UX/UI design recommendations for new and existing projects
- Within 1 month, be an expert in our UI and have ability to design and implement new UI projects
- Within 2 months, be able to own the shared UI framework and have the ability to design and implement new shared components
- Within 4 months, be able to lead specific team projects independently and in collaboration with other leads
- Minimum of three years of front end experience
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Angular 7+ framework
- Advanced experience with other component based UI frameworks will be considered
- Provide examples of previous production-quality front-end work, and the ability to walk-through its architecture and design
- Ability to work in ever changing environment and an understanding that business requirements change
- Excellent communication skills necessary to collaborate with fellow business and technical team members
- Unit Testing with Protractor or similar experience
Nice to Have
- Previous dedicated UX/UI design work
- Strong front-end unit testing experience with Jasmine and Protractor (or similar)
- Ability to move up and down the stack
- Ruby on Rails development
- Relational database experience (SQL)
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share how this role aligns with your professional experience and goals.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is full remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.