Senior Front-End Software Engineer at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Senior Front-End Engineer to lead a high performing team of front-end engineers to innovate and build software that helps students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services. You will be primarily be focused on delivering, configurable and customized solutions for our clients, including delivering the benefits portal that employees will engage with when they learn about their company’s education benefit. In between delivering client solutions, you will continue to build out our front-end component library and ensure that our front-end experiences are seamless across applications, domains and environments. Moreover, you’ll use your passion for writing clean, well-tested front-end code to build high quality software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
You will love this role if are excited about working in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to engage directly with our clients directly and have an immediate impact on the success of our education programs. This is a role where you can bring your passion for front-end development, design systems and expertise in creating seamless software solutions that work elegantly across multiple device types.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will:
- Lead a team of front-end engineers building high quality software products for our employers, students and education partners – design and develop well-tested software from the ground up
- Integrate our front-end systems with backend internal and external APIs or a new CMS
- Proactively engage with clients and product managers to gather requirements, work with internal teams choosing technology, deploying a solution to production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Mentor other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving complex problems or pair programming
- Work closely with our product operations and implementation teams to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet client expectations and are delivered on-time
In addition to working on our Product Engineering Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jess Rusin (SVP of Engineering), Erin Rhodes (Interaction Designer), Madeline Ford (Senior Software Engineer), and Annie He (Director of Product Operations).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Proven experience building new products, reusable component libraries and creative solutions for semi-customized or white-labeled UI experiences.
- Excellent communication skills that serve in partnering with clients and internal teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet the needs of our customers
- A deep understanding for prioritization and tradeoffs and coming up with elegant front-end solutions that are delightful, easy to maintain and work across multiple displays
- Meticulous focus on high quality UI experiences and you demonstrate a willingness and the flexibility to meet client timelines; perhaps you’ve worked in a consulting or a client facing role before
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – you enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering best practices
- Experience in fast-growth, venture backed startups
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.