Senior Front End Engineer at Matillion
- A Senior Front End Engineer is expected to spend most of their time hands-on in the production of software for Matillion products.
- Discuss, establish and maintain the front end solution, including good software design, framework selections and direction of the codebase.
- Solve almost any type of problem with little supervision.
- Provide engineering options, with unbiased pros and cons to meet problems shared by the business.
- Develop UI according to mockups following UX guidelines.
- Work with the team to refine and break down stories to levels implementable by development.
- Work with members of the business teams to ensure customer-centric development of features.
- Develop and improve the confirmation testing strategies (unit test, integration testing) using suitable front end testing libraries.
- Code reviews for team and other teams.
- Research projects, including prototyping, to explore future opportunities
- Investigate new technologies
- Optimise the development process through the use of automation, in-house and open source solutions
Self development and growth
- Develop new skills by working with other members of the team
- Work with the Team Lead and Manager to identify training goals
- Lead and partake in technical discussions within the team
- Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training
- Drive the team’s process of continual improvement
- Responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues.
- Analysis of logs to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Proactively engage with customer-facing colleagues to avoid exposing Matillion customers to issues
What we are looking for
- A track record of delivering software features into production
- Experience of at least one of the following cloud technologies: Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience of design and integration with backend technologies, such as REST APIs, Websockets, GraphQL utilising suitable data structures and stores