This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Senior Front-End Engineer to lead a robust team of front-end engineers to innovate and build software that helps students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services.
Be focused on delivering configurable and customized solutions for our clients, including delivering the benefits portal that employees will engage with when they learn about their company’s education benefit. Deliver client solutions, continue to build out our front-end component library and ensure our front-end experiences are flawless across applications, domains and environments. Use your passion for writing clean, well-tested front-end code to build software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
Work in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to engage directly with our clients directly and have an immediate impact on the success of our education programs. Bring passion for front-end development, design systems and expertise in creating seamless software solutions that work elegantly across multiple device types.As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will:
- Be a part of a team of front-end engineers building high quality software products for our employers, students and education partners – design and develop well-tested software from the ground up
- Integrate our front-end systems with backend internal and external APIs or a new CMS
- Proactively engage with clients and product managers to gather requirements, work with internal teams choosing technology, deploying a solution to production, or leading and participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Mentor other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving sophisticated problems or pair programming
- Work closely with our product operations and implementation teams to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet client expectations and are delivered on-time
In addition to working on our Product Engineering Team, collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jess Rusin (SVP of Engineering), May Lee (Interaction Designer), Madeline Ford (Senior Software Engineer), and Annie He (Director of Product Operations).Ideal candidate will have:
- Shown experience building new products, reusable component libraries and creative solutions for semi-customized or white-labeled UI experiences.
- Excellent communication skills that serve in partnering with clients and internal teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet the needs of our customers
- A deep understanding for prioritization and tradeoffs and coming up with sophisticated front-end solutions that are fabulous, easy to maintain and work across multiple displays
- Meticulous focus on high quality UI experiences and you demonstrate a willingness and the flexibility to meet client timelines; perhaps you’ve worked in a consulting or a client facing role before
- Passion for higher education and our mission – means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A proven curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering standard methodologies
- Experience in fast-growth, venture backed startups
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $140,000-$158,750, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth