Senior Front End Engineer
As Senior Front End Engineer at TrainingPeaks, your primary role is to build software that helps our athletes and coaches achieve their goals. You understand and appreciate the unique challenges of training and coaching for endurance sports, and of building high quality software for this market.
You excel at collaborating with other engineers, product managers, UX and UI designers, and QA testers, to find pragmatic solutions to challenging problems. You work to raise the quality and productivity of your team by improving the codebase, improving tools and processes, and mentoring junior engineers.
You understand that personal skills, relationships, and team dynamics are just as important as software architecture. You are a driving force for quality, positive change, and continuous improvement, and you constantly raise the standards and bring out the best in your team. You are committed to helping our customers, our business, and your teammates achieve their goals.
As Senior Front End Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with other engineers, PM, UX, UI, and QA, to continuously deliver new features, and improvements to existing features
- Improve existing architecture, define new architecture patterns, research and implement tools and processes that enhance quality and increase productivity
- Plan and implement refactoring projects to reduce technical debt and improve system maintainability
- Mentor junior engineers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ideally, you also possess:
- Experience working with cross functional agile teams
- Experience with server side API programming, possibly including Microsoft .Net framework, C#, and SQL
- Deep understanding of the needs of endurance athletes and coaches
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Please Note: A code test will be included as part of the interview process
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous testing
- Experience with mentoring junior developers on writing maintainable code
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
- Appreciation of the needs of endurance athletes and coaches
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location (with a few remote days possible)
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.