Senior Front End Engineer at Peaksware
As Senior Front End Engineer at TrainingPeaks, you build software that helps our athletes and coaches achieve their goals, including gold medalist Olympians, Tour de France teams, and IRONMAN® World Champions. You understand and appreciate the unique challenges of training and coaching for endurance sports. And, you enjoy the challenge of building high quality, innovative software for this demanding market.
You have deep front end technical skills, combined with a healthy dose of back end technical skills, and modern software engineering best practices. You have a strong foundation in software engineering principles, and you love the challenges of rapidly delivering SAAS products, while also driving engineering quality and software maintainability.
You consistently deliver exceptional business results and exceptional software quality. You excel at collaborating with other engineers, product managers, UX researchers and UI designers, in a fast paced environment, to find pragmatic solutions to challenging problems.
You are a driving force for quality, positive change, and continuous improvement, and you constantly raise your team’s standards and bring out the best in your peers. You understand that personal skills, relationships, and team dynamics are just as important as software architecture. You are committed to helping our customers, our business, and your teammates achieve their goals.
As Senior Front End Engineer you will:
- Continuously deliver new features and improvements to existing features, across multiple front end and full stack applications
- Collaborate with other engineers, PM, UX, UI, and QA to make rapid decisions and respond to changing business demands
- Implement shared components, internal APIs, developer tools, documentation, and more, to provide a high quality experience for our customers and our engineers
- Plan and implement refactoring and rearchitecting projects to reduce technical debt, improve quality, and improve system maintainability and team scalability
- Collaborate with other senior engineers, and mentor less experienced engineers, to drive a culture of continuous improvement and shared understanding
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Exceptional front end technical skills in JS, CSS, and HTML, including deep knowledge of React web components, or other component based architectures
- Solid software engineering foundation including consistent application of OO and FP design principles, architecture principles, and modern best practices, well beyond the level normally expected of a ‘front end developer’
- Strong software testing skills, including TDD, unit testing, integration testing, and UI testing with Cypress or Webdriver
- Continuous delivery mindset, and experience driving CD culture and practices
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
Ideally, you also possess:
- Server side API programming experience, including Microsoft .Net framework, C#, Node.js, and Serverless computing
- Database and search index knowledge, including SQL Server, and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers, and cloud best practices
- Cross functional collaboration experience on agile / lean product development teams
- Endurance sports experience or knowledge, and appreciation of the needs of endurance athletes and coaches
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location (with a few remote days possible)
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.