Senior Front End Engineer at StackHawk (Remote)
Are you a skilled front-end engineer, looking for an opportunity to build awesome tools for developers? Can you get excited about revolutionizing application security? Are you willing to tolerate ridiculous bird puns? If you answered “yes!” to all of those questions, you should keep reading about an exciting opportunity at StackHawk.
Note: We are only able to consider applicants in the US at this time.The Role
StackHawk’s Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to join our team and help develop our core product. In this role, you will work directly with members of our skilled Product Development team to build front-end product features on our innovative tech stack. You’ll be a key member of a small growing team that is revolutionizing application security by reducing complexity, providing actionable recommendations, and empowering software engineers to take control of their application security. This position will directly contribute to StackHawk’s goal of identifying and remediating app vulnerabilities in the CI/CD pipeline. You’ll be instrumental in making technology decisions as we scale our business and our product. If you enjoy the challenge of building compelling, easy-to-use functionality for developers on a modern stack, this is the role for you.What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with engineers, UX designers, product managers and other stakeholders to make key technology decisions
- Build web-based product features using technologies such as React, Redux, TypeScript, Storybook, Jekyll, Gatsby, Contentful, RESTful APIs, Kotlin and Kubernetes
- Build front-end interfaces in a modern, cloud-based microservices architecture
- Build automated tests to ensure high quality
- Help set standards and coding practices for web application development
- Impress your friends with your newfound knowledge of application security concepts, such as Remote OS Command Injection
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS front-end or web application development
- Proficient in modern UI frameworks like Angular, React, VueJS, etc.
- Proficient in modern web app technologies HTML5 and CSS and its preprocessors Sass and Less
- Experience with UI testing frameworks and technologies Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, etc.
- Experience using and updating REST APIs
- Experience with UI testing frameworks and tooling such as PhantomJS, Selenium, Cypress and Playwright
- Has experience building both desktop and mobile-friendly web interfaces
- Obsessive about automation
- Excellent communicator. Has experience presenting technical concepts and demos to a non-technical audience.
- Familiar working on a collaborative, cross-functional agile team.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals. Knows that security is a supporting function of any business and the difference between binary security and scale security
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As an early-stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats starting every work day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Salary range for this role is $100k to $160k, or commensurate with experience.