Senior Firmware Engineer at RemoteLock
Imagine unlocking the door on a property halfway around the world from your phone…and that’s just the beginning. Whether your managing automated guest and maintenance access to a vacation rental or the IT assets of Fortune 50 enterprises, RemoteLock is securely opening doors 50,000,000 times a year from the cloud.
RemoteLock continues to perfect the connection between people, places and things with software and devices that greatly simplify access control for vacation rental owners, property managers, small to medium businesses, national retailers and some of the largest companies in the world.
We bring the power of our cloud connected access control platform to owners of locks from Yale, Schlage, Kwikset and commercial access control systems as well as our own market-leading RemoteLock Wi-Fi devices. With integrations to dozens of SaaS platforms ranging from Airbnb to ServiceNow we are rapidly changing the way businesses control physical access.
RemoteLock was recently recognized as one of Colorado’s Top 50 Companies to Watch and a 2018 Gazelle. We are experiencing tremendous growth and portfolio expansion and we are looking for talented associates to join our deeply committed team.
As the Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for developing embedded solutions for the RemoteLock suite of wifi-connected locks. The engineer should be innovative and highly skilled in design and development of firmware on resource constrained tiny embedded system and power with no OS. The role will also be responsible for system level development including wireless / BLE protocols, handshake mechanisms, and communication with iOS and Android devices and cloud base software.
- 8 plus years as a firmware developer
- 5 plus years of deep firmware design and development experience
- Experience working with Electrical and Software Engineers collaborating on requirements
- Ability to work with internal and external designers to optimize board performance against requirements
- Expert in bare metal development
- Expert in low level C and C++ programming
- Expert in battery optimization for maximum device life
- Expert in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and 802.11 protocols
- Experience in security / encryption for authentication and data integrity
- Experienced in STM32 processors subsystems
- Ability to develop for low power ARM MCU
- Fluent in JTAG, UART, I2C, SPI and other interfaces
- Knowledge of embedded system tool chains (IDEs, compilers, linkers, debuggers, git)
- Ability to read schematics
- Ability to test and debug complex problems using basic test equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant field
- Proven ability to develop project scope, budget, timeline and risk assessments for predictable date planning on new development
Employment Type: Full-time