At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior Facilities Engineer – Energy
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 80 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million SF of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Facilities Engineering Services team provides facilities designs and engineering guidance across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. We are seeking a candidate to be the energy engineering technical expert for the Facilities organization. In this role, the successful candidate will take the lead in enhancing energy management in our organization. This includes providing guidance on sustainable, energy efficient designs for new construction, auditing existing facilities, acting on energy conservation opportunities, and tracking results.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement sustainability program strategies.
- Develop standards for design efficiency and maintenance work practices.
- Provide strategic energy conserving design advice to in-house and consulting engineers.
- Review new designs for energy efficiency opportunities.
- Research and analysis of energy efficiency concepts and industry trends.
- Review literature and perform market and product analytical research.
- Identify sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures.
- Prepare and present persuasive presentations to support energy efficiency projects and programs.
- Identify energy improvement opportunities and develop portfolio of energy projects.
- Develop and evolve metrics - track energy savings and sustainability progress.
- Report on sustainability; internal to Ball Aerospace, to Ball Corporation, and to government stakeholders.
- Work with controls experts to analyze and optimize controls sequences for efficiency.
- Train maintenance and engineering personnel on energy efficient strategies and practices.
- Work with maintenance, engineering, and contractors to implement strategies.
- Lead design efforts on energy efficiency projects.
- Perform and supervise facility audits to identify Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs).
- Collect utility, facility, operations, and other data needed to identify ECMs.
- Identify energy saving opportunities for buildings, controls and automations, HVAC, heating systems, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
- Create energy models of existing and proposed buildings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Energy Engineering preferred.
- Experience with industrial facilities, buildings, equipment, and operations.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of facilities equipment and systems, including chillers, boilers, VFD’s, and air handling equipment.
- Highly analytical critical thinker who uses these skills to examine and improve operations in order to increase efficiency.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer software; Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to calculate energy savings and associated costs savings.
- Ability to manage work schedule and make deadlines.
- Ability to track actions and follow through.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Knowledge of DDC applications pertaining to building automation systems and energy efficiency.
- Knowledge of building energy modeling methods and software, including Comcheck.
- PE certification is preferred.
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) certified professional is preferred.
- Energy audit certification is preferred.
- LEED AP certification is preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $117,500 - $148,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.